Book a Bulky Waste skip bin today
Bulky waste refers to large, heavy or oversized items. Waste types that can be classified as bulky waste include furniture, appliances, and other household goods that are either too large to fit, or are not allowed to be disposed of, in a regular garbage bin. Bulky waste can also includes construction debris, such as timber, gyprock (drywall), and concrete. These items are often difficult to handle, and transport therefore a skip bin makes a perfect solution for their disposal.
Bulky Waste Projects
Different types of projects can result in the accumulation of bulky waste, with some examples including:
- Home renovations, remodelling, or demolitions: Projects such as gutting a room, tearing down walls, or replacing old appliances can generate large amounts of debris, including lumber, drywall, tile, and other building materials.
- Yard work and landscaping: Clearing out overgrown bushes, trimming trees, or removing old fencing can result in large amounts of yard waste, such as branches, logs, and stumps.
- Spring cleaning or decluttering: Sorting through years of accumulated household items can result in large quantities of items no longer needed or wanted, such as old furniture, appliances, and electronics.
- Construction projects: Building new structures or additions can generate large amounts of debris, including timber, concrete, and other building materials.
- Moving: When moving out of a house or an apartment, people often get rid of bulky items that they no longer need or that are too big to move, such as old furniture, mattresses, and appliances.
What construction items can you put in a skip?
The following bulky waste can be put in a skip bin:
- Plumbing fixtures (toilets, sinks)
- Large green waste
- Steel reinforcement
What construction items are not allowed in a skip?
The following construction waste is prohibited and cannot be placed in a skip bin:
- Light Bulbs
- Fluorescent lamps
- Chemicals, tires,
Skip bin sizes for waste cleanups big or small.
Clint’s Skips offers skip bin sizes ranging from 3 to 8 cubic metres to fit all types of waste. Have a browse of our sizes to find the right option for your next project, or give Clint a call and he’ll make sure you get the right fit.